Book publicity services for authors, major publishers and small presses
We offer our American and international author and publisher clients unmatched professionalism and expertise in a wide range of media marketing and communications specialties. Independent and self-published authors, contracted authors, independent publishers, and large or small publishers count on The Barrett Company for results.
We are in daily contact with media around the world, including newspaper and magazine editors, television and radio news decision makers and programming producers as well the global news wire services. We’re social media-savvy (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) and in touch with independent bloggers who offer virtual media tours and online reviews. As pioneers in virtual book tours, we are the model among publicity firms at harnessing the Internet for book publicity—a major tool in marketing any book.
As professional publicists we pride ourselves on providing the highest level of professional and personal client service with campaigns that are individually designed for every need and budget.
Expert strategy and execution for authors
Our book publicity services include:
- Strategized creation of professional publicity tools including a media friendly press release, author photos to use for campaign, website consultation for web site creation and domain name registration
- Distribution of book press releases to print, broadcast and online medias covering some 10,000 media outlets
- Local, regional, national and in some cases international book reviews from outlets such as the NY Times, USA TODAY to Book List, Publishers Weekly, Kirkus Reviews, as well as top online/Internet reviewers
- Book signing venues in US, Canada, the UK and Australia
- Virtual author book tours
- Introduction of non-fiction and fiction authors works to select and targeted producers and production companies in film and television connected to the Hollywood studios, TV networks, cable channels, Internet outlets such as Netflix, Hulu and mobile content creators. We have placed authors’ books with Hollywood producers who have optioned them for the silver screen
- Booking interviews and guest spots for authors on such key TV shows as Today, Good Morning America, CNN, Fox News, The View, C-Span Book Weekend and many others
- Media training with mock interviews before authors are interviewed by newspapers and magazine writers, or appear on radio and television or interact with Internet media and social bloggers
- Local and national network interview bookings on top daytime and night time radio shows from New York to California, Canada and the UK
- Assistance for authors in finding and working with their own US book distributor
- Representation and assistance at US and selected international book festivals from Book Expo to Los Angeles Festival of Books to Frankfurt Book Fair and others
- Video trailers and book audio clips for marketing book websites
The Barrett Company represents author Carla Malden (who co-wrote her father Karl Malden’s biography). The video at the top of the page are excerpts from coverage we arranged for her.
Our client Austin Washington is a descendant of the first U.S. President, discussed his book The Education of George Washington on the PBS TV show Between The Lines.
This book trailer is for our client Helen Laibach and her book A Soul Less Broken.
A few of our book publicity clients
The Barrett Company represents author Carla Malden (who co-wrote her father Karl Malden’s biography When Do I Start?) for her book Afterimage from Globe Pequot Press in addition to well known author Warren Adler, writer of such popular books to movies as The War of the Roses (starring Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner) and Random Hearts (Harrison Ford, Kristin Scott Thomas), who recently made an impressive deal with Amazon.com.
Also, our firm created the media marketing campaign for film producer/agent Marty Jurow (Breakfast at Tiffany’s, The Pink Panther and Terms of Endearment) and his tales of Hollywood’s Golden Age—Marty Jurow Seein’ Stars: A Show Biz Odyssey, a hardbound work published by Southern Methodist University Press.
Other author clients include Julie Sinatra (Under My Skin), entrepreneur Gary Fong (The Accidental Millionaire), California family law and divorce expert attorney Ben Berkley (Before You Say I Do Again) and noted Santa Monica neurosurgeon Dr. Aaron Filler (Do You Really Need Back Surgery?).
Our novelists include John Locke, author of the Donovan Creed series—the first self-published author to sell 1 million books on Kindle—and Michael D’Ambrosio author of The Eye of Icarus, among many, many others.
Regardless of your format(s)—hardcover, trade paperback, ebook, audiobook—The Barrett Company can get the attention of media outlets that talk to your readers. Simply fill out this short form to get the conversation started.