Our Book Publicity Services
for Book Authors, Major Book Publishers, and Small Press
Full book publicity services at our Los Angeles, California-based firm offers our USA and INTERNATIONAL clients — independent and self-published authors, contracted authors, independent publishers, and large or small publishers — unmatched professionalism and expertise in a wide range of media marketing and communications specialties. We are in daily contact with media throughout the globe, including newspaper and magazine editors, television and radio news decision makers and programming producers as well the global news wire services and the burgeoning Internet social media via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and the independent online bloggers that offer virtual media tours and reviews. As pioneers in virtual book tours, we are the model among publicity firms at harnessing the Internet for book publicity — a major tool in marketing any book.
As professional publicists we pride ourselves on providing the highest level of professional and personal client service with campaigns that are individually designed for every need and budget.
Our book publicity services include:
- Strategized creation of professional publicity tools including a media friendly press release, author photos to use for campaign, web site consultation for web site creation and domain name registration for published works.
- Distribution of book press releases to print, broadcast and online medias covering some 10,000 media outlets.
- Introduction of non-fiction and fiction authors works to select and targeted producers and production companies in film and television connected to the Hollywood studios, TV networks, cable channels, Internet outlets such as Netflix, Hulu and mobile content creators. We have placed authors' books with Hollywood producers who have optioned them for the silver screen.
- Booking interviews and guestings for authors on such key TV shows as Today, Good Morning America, Oprah / OWN network, CNN, Joy Behar Show, Bookmark, C-Span Book Weekend and many others.
- Local and national network interview bookings on top daytime and night time radio shows from New York to California, Canada and the U.K.
- Representation and assistance at U.S. and selected international book festivals from Book Expo to Los Angeles Festival of Books to Frankfurt Book Fair and others.
- Video trailers and book audio clips for marketing book web sites.
- Virtual author book tours.
- Consultation with content marketing of authors and their published works with Twitter, Facebook and other social media web portals.
- Book signing venues in U.S., Canada and the U.K.
- Assistance for authors in finding and working with their own U.S. book distributor.
- Media training with mock interviews before authors are interviewed by newspapers and magazine writers, or appear on radio and television or interact with Internet media and social bloggers.
- Local, regional, national and in some cases international book reviews from outlets such as the NY Times, USA TODAY to Book List, Publishers Weekly, Kirkus Reviews, as well as top online/Internet
Regardless of your format(s) — hardcover, paperback/soft cover, electronic (e-book, Kindle, Nook) — TBC can get the attention of media outlets that talk to your readers.
Some of our book publicity clients
The Barrett Company represents author Carla Malden (who co-wrote her father Karl Malden’s biography When Do I Start?) for her book Afterimage from Globe Pequot Press in addition to well known author Warren Adler, writer of such popular books to movies as The War of the Roses (starring Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner) and Random Hearts (Harrison Ford, Kristin Scott Thomas), who recently made an impressive deal with Amazon.com.
Also our firm created the media marketing campaign for film producer/agent Marty Jurow (Breakfast at Tiffany’s, The Pink Panther and Terms of Endearment) and his tales of Hollywood’s Golden Age — Marty Jurow Seein’ Stars: A Show Biz Odyssey, a hardbound work published by Southern Methodist University Press.
Other author clients include Julie Sinatra author of Under My Skin, entrepreneur Gary Fong’s The Accidental Millionaire and Do You Really Need Back Surgery? by noted Santa Monica neurosurgeon Dr. Aaron Filler to Before You Say I Do Again by California family law and divorce expert attorney Ben Berkley.
Our fiction authors include John Locke author of the Donovan Creed series — the first
self-published author to sell 1 million books on Kindle — and Michael D’Ambrosio author of The Eye of Icarus, among many, many others.